I get asked a lot about my process and I think what people are looking for is the answer to how I did it. Back when I was trying to find my way as an author, I would have done anything to have a mentor. I don’t mind answering how I work, because that means I can now be that person for whom I once sought.
Links and resources is an information page pertaining to K. Williams’s process, writing journey and places that the author frequents while working or promoting a new work. It is wise to make use of all possible resources available to a writer in order to promote a work and enhance one’s skills. Tools and resources can be as simple as your favorite ‘Baby Names‘ site to give your character’s name more meaning, or the numerous pages on common cultural symbols so that you can find just the right ‘object’ to add depth to a story line.
K. Williams believes in helping young and new writers alike as they make their publishing journey. The wisdom gained from working with agents and editors, to coming to the decision to be an independent artist is something that should be passed down. Indie publishing is the wave of the future, as we move toward a technologically connected society. Traditional routes still exist, but are becoming more impossible to navigate without arbitrary tenures. It is K’s hope to set the would be author on the right path to fulfillment in their career, no matter which path they choose.
“The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of
his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.”
— Khalil Gibran
Useful Web Sites:
- Blue Honor Blog
- dAFilmSpot-deviantArt’s Home for Filmmakers
- Film Marketing Services
- Indie Author News
- International Thriller Writers
- K’s Portfolio
- Lady Caasi Designs CafePress Store
- New York State Military Museum
- Stage 32
- Upstate Independents
Suggested Writing Resources:
- Bartleby.com: Great Books Online
- Daily Writing Tips
- Elements of Style by William Strunk
- Final Draft Screenwriting Software
- Grammar Girl
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary (App available for phones.)
- Online Writing Workshops with Writer’s Digest University
- University at Albany, SUNY (Library and Courses)
- Empire State College, SUNY (Distance Learning Higher Education)
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Mountain Lion Foundation
- Native American Rights Fund
- St. Jude Children’s Hospital
- Wolf Conservation Center
Happy writing and epic reads!