Welcome back for another installment of The Blue Honor Vlog. Subscribe to my channel on YouTube. As a subscriber, you’ll get episodes of Shagbottom Theater and watch the process of making book trailers. And! You’ll be first in line to see it all. Once a video is ready, it’s uploaded, and you don’t have to wait for it to come out on the blog. Winning!
Doing your due-diligence in research. I’ve found that overdoing the research actually helps me become a better expert on the topic, and opens up ideas and avenues I might not have thought of had I not reached further. Don’t be afraid to look at topics in seemingly distant fields, as well as similar fields of inquiry. See more here.
Here is the link to Writing Historical Fiction, as promised.
Thanks for watching! Check out some other episodes below:
- Meet Zacharius from The Trailokya Trilogy
- Tesla and Transitioning from Historical to SciFi/Fantasy
- Who Do Your Books Appeal To?
- How long did it take to write each book from first draft to final? Is it getting shorter or longer?
- Will you continue looking to write multi volume work or some singles again?
- When you wake up in the morning knowing you have major writing/editing work to do on the books, do you get scared? Anxious? Excited? Or, depressed?
- What simple advice would you give to other writers considering writing a series of books (trilogy or longer)?
- How do you choose the pace for world building and characterization when you know you’ll have a number of books to work with? Get it all in early so the sequels are faster paced, or dribble it through the entirety of the series to keep things balanced?
- The importance of living your life to your writing, more so than writing every day.
- Writing Without the Cloud of Seeking Fame to Hamper your Effort
- A reading from The Shadow Soul, Book 1 of The Trailokya Trilogy…Chapter 3
- How OP-DEC: Operation Deceit inspired me to finally Learn German.