Wow! When I tried this, it was totally off the cuff and I had no plan in mind outside of I had turkey cutlets thawed and mushrooms needing to be eaten. Some of the best recipes are things we throw together. As I was literally grabbing ingredients, my mind churned on ideas. The easiest part was the sides: chicken based couscous (boxed item), steamed broccoli and garlic knots. BJs Wholesale Club sell a lovely bag of pre-made garlic knots so you don’t have to fuss with them on a busy night. They’re not too greasy either. I adore them, despite how many calories each is (over 100).
After a hard day, this very quick meal comes off better than gourmet. That can go a long way to re-energizing you for a nice evening.Who doesn’t need a reward like that?
Here’s how to make this delicious recipe…
What you will need:
2 – turkey breast cutlets, mayonnaise, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper, 2 – white button mushrooms, vegetable oil, cooking sherry, soy sauce, 9 x 9 glass baking dish, sides to compliment main dish.
- If your sides will take longer than the turkey to cook, start them first, and then prepare the ingredients above.
- Rinse the turkey cutlets and set aside on paper towels to dry.
- Ligthly oil a glass 9×9 baking pan.
- Place cutlets in pan, flat.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder (as much as you like).
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of mayonniase per each cutlet.
- Slice mushrooms and spread over the cutlets. Spread a pinch of parsley over everything.
- Add 1/4 cup cooking sherry and 1 TBSP soy sauce.
- Salt and pepper meat to taste.
- Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes.
Enjoy! I know I sure did. The meal too about 25 minutes to prepare and about 5 to inhale.